Tuesday, July 14, 2009

definitely a contender for mommy of the year

we had a lovely lunch this afternoon with my friend kelsey, who had been dying to meet hannah. i took a few more precautions today than when we went to san francisco last month to visit my sister and my cousin.


that day, weather.com said it was supposed to be a lovely 74ยบ so she wore a cute little top and shorts, and her backup outfit was a cute little onesie and pants. IDIOT i lived in san francisco long enough, i should know better. it was overcast and cool and i did my best to keep her warm. i forgot to pack socks, because it was supposed to be warm. and yet, i forgot to pack her sun hat as well, and she got pink on her nose and cheeks. (darn that san francisco glare!) (fyi: according to my lactation consultant, "they" say no sunscreen until 6 months NOT because of the chemicals, but because "they" don't want you to rely on sunscreen and take your baby into the sun without being covered up. POOH. we have since bought sunscreen and she gets slathered with it when we plan on being out at all.) so today we were prepared with sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.


not much of a conversationalist


and then we got home, and she sat on my lap to have a nice eat because she had to endure the indignity of a bottle while we were at lunch, and after she ate she had a massive blowout. on my lap. all over my skirt. and then grinned at me, all proud of herself. i guess it must have felt good to get all that out of her system. did i mention that she got it all out of her system ONTO MY LAP?

i think brian should cook dinner tonight.

No comments: