Monday, June 15, 2009

a clothes encounter

i'm packing up my maternity clothes today! i actually could have done it sooner, but i've been lazy. blame it on the kiddo. i've lost all but 8 pounds of the weight i put on while pregnant. yay!

i had to go get new jeans though, because my pre-baby jeans just did not fit and won't really unless i lose another 10-15 pounds after the baby weight is gone. i think i was just deluding myself before that they fit. while i was at old navy looking for jeans i found a very cute top that will be great for nursing. strangely, i cannot find it online.


those gathers at the neckline are elastic so it pulls down very easily without stretching out the knit, and i think the fit is pretty universally flattering. i got two, because they are such a nice lightweight jersey and i'm very into comfy soft tops lately.

i also stopped by target last week to pick up a couple more of these nursing camis which i absolutely love. i had gotten a couple nursing bras there as well but am not a huge fan of them. specifically this one. (is it wierd to be posting about my underwear online?) it's just not as comfortable as i thought it would be. any recommendations on a comfortable nursing bra? i have not tried the medela ones yet, mostly because they are so pricey ($38) but i will splurge if anyone thinks they are worth it.

3 comments:

Jessika said...

OH my gosh!! I am so proud of you! That is really impressive news.

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

Congratulations on packing up the pregnancy clothes!

I have no recommendations on the nursing bras, sorry. We registered for a couple of the Medela sleep bras because they came highly recommended and I can tell you how that goes after the bambino is here, but that's all I've got. Good luck!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com
http://www.becomingsarah.com

Jaimey said...

I have a great one, that is very comfy from Mimi maternity, which apparently is now A pea in a pod cause I can't find their site anywhere...anyway here it is. they don't let you return bras there so be sure before you shell out the cash!

http://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?product_Id=194490361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29