Thursday, January 15, 2009

there really is a baby in there

monday night, at 23 weeks exactly:


i don't know if the angle of the picture i took is making me look rounder or what, i am not standing 90° to the camera nor am i standing straight on, obviously. i stood up as straight as i could because my sister is convinced i am HUGE for 5 months and sticking my belly out. in this photo i am not even relaxed and any curve in my back is the natural curve of my spine, probably visually enhanced by that huge round ass back there, the one that only seems to be getting bigger. according to the pregnancy books i look like the 5 month drawings so who knows. is this normal? i've never been pregnant so i don't know.

sleep is somewhat better though getting uncomfortable, and i still have 4 more months of growing to go. to get around sleeping on my side, i've kind of accomodated by "leaning" on my stomach, kind of at an angle so i don't put too much pressure on my belly, but now even that is getting uncomfortable. this gal is getting big enough too that laying on my back for more than about 10 minutes is uncomfortable, since her weight is enough to push on whatever organs are behind my uterus.

at least we're on the downhill stretch!

we are at: 23 weeks 3 days.

No comments: