Monday, March 23, 2009

7 weeks and counting

doctor's appointment this morning, everything is still looking good which is always reassuring to hear. also reassuring to hear the kiddo's heartbeat, which was strong and clear. and LOUD, boy was she ever loud. louder than i have heard her heartbeat thus far. the checkups start coming faster now - another one in two weeks, and then every week thereafter until i deliver.

next week i will be tested for group b strep, a harmless (to me) bacteria that can be passed to kiddo during delivery. i'll have to have antibiotics at some point during delivery and kiddo will need to be monitored for at least 24 hours after delivery if i test positive. about 40% of women do, apparently. at the moment, an enforced rest for 24 hours in the hospital sounds mighty good to me. home is feeling a little scary, where it will be just brian and me on our own with this kiddo. granted, my mom will be there, but... kiddos don't come with instruction manuals.

i cannot express how much i want this kid. as scary as the prospect of becoming a mom is to me, i want this kid more than i think i've ever wanted anything in my life. healthy and safe and in my arms. possibly more than i wanted to marry brian. i've heard loving and wanting your children doesn't get any better when you can actually hold them and see them and kiss them.

we are at: 33 weeks.

1 comment:

Jessika said...

My gosh, you are going to be a wonderful mama.