Wednesday, May 6, 2009

baby watch: 5 days left

i think i'm ready to meet this kiddo. if only to get rid of the interstate road map of veins that is my entire body.


this afternoon doc said baby had dropped a tiny bit, maybe 1 cm, and i was approximately 50% effaced. so: i could go into labor this weekend, or not for another two weeks. she's not concerned as baby seems healthy (nice strong heartbeat and still moving just as furiously as ever) and i'm healthy, so i'm not concerned. at this moment she's willing to let me go a full two weeks past my due date, which would be may 25 before she would recommend induction.

in other news, i am apparently not completely insane for thinking my feet are hugely and grotesquely swollen. my legs are as well and doc said my swelling is some of the worst she has seen. yay! she commented that she was impressed that i had not really complained about it. i haven't to her, because what can she do? although i did ask the nurse last time if maybe she could just lance them, like a blister or something?

we are at: 39 weeks 2 days.

2 comments:

Jessika said...

Now who's backposting? ;)

I think I should change my predict date. For some reason, I thought you were one week further along. 5/20 has always been an excellent day for me, so perhaps I'll "predict" that. 5/16 would be excellent too. I can hear you from here "but that's after the due date!!!" Sorry. Ooh, and on 5/22 (which I suspect is way too late) I get sworn in. I could always tease her with "you came in and I got sworn in" hA! I think I crack only myself up.

Anonymous said...

Girl you look great. I was so swollen as well, I think my dr said the same thing about me being almost the worst they've ever seen. Talk about kicking a gal while she was down. Anyways I am so excited for you guys. and I hope your gone right now off have a baby girl!!